Thursday, July 10, 2014

Party Central

This is my first attempt at a blog, and I have become inspired by all the crafts I have undertaken since having my daughter (aka Beautiful Monster).  I have come to find over the years I really enjoy throwing my Beautiful Monster birthday parties, and this past month my dining area has become "Party Central" again with her birthday being this weekend.  My daughter is turning 5, and like every other little girl on this PLANET, she wanted a Frozen Party.  Well, she wanted an Elsa Party (why doesn't any one like Anna) at our local skating rink.  She has been taking lessons since January and has really loved being out on the ice.  I've had lots of fun combing through Pinterest and Googling Frozen Birthday Party Ideas and getting inspired.  Here are my Scraps of Life for this week:

Party Central Project 1:  Since my Beautiful Monster is having an ice skating party, these centerpieces are supposed to resemble the water fountain in Arrendelle where the sisters skate at the end of the movie.  I got the 3 piece figurines from Wal-Mart, and everything else from a local party store in downtown.  It was something my Monster could help me with too.


Party Central Project 2:  I bought the Party City Frozen invitations, but I knew I needed something a little more unique.  I made these snow globe invitations from a water globe kit I got from the Dollar Tree.



It took me a while to figure out that glitter does not fall gracefully in water.  I ended up filling the globes with rubbing alcohol and a mix of silver, blue, and white glitter.  They came out perfect.I printed these sticker labels using a free printable I found at Disney Baby and added all the party information for our guests.  These were fun making and delivering to our family and friends.

Party Central Project 3:  Goodie Bags (next entry)

No comments:

Post a Comment